Things to Consider Before Hiring Mobile Notary in California
A notary is one of those things you don’t need until you suddenly do. With the busy schedules today, time has become important as money; and nobody wants to go through the energy-consuming process of visiting a notary office. So where else can you get your documents notarized without the hassle of travel? Mobile notary services are the perfect solution.
A mobile notary or a traveling notary service is one that travels to where the client is. Usually, for a small traveling fee, they will provide extensive notary services at your doorstep, at a time that’s convenient for the client. Though the advantages are many, there are a few things you need to consider before you hire a mobile notary in Riverside, CA. Here are some of them listed below:
- Availability – A lot of the mobile notaries offer their services 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. This allows you to schedule an appointment at a time that’s convenient for you, without bothering about holidays and other commitments.
- Location – Though a mobile notary will come wherever you require them to, it is advisable that you find one that is closest to your location. There are no legal regulations regarding the travel fee a mobile notary can charge. So most of them base their fee based on the distance they need to cover to get to you. Also, few of the mobile notaries only do local calls, while others are not bound by the distances.
- Fee Structure – Usually a mobile notary may charge you a sum of the regular fee that all notaries in their state charge and a travel fee. Some of them charge extra for undue waiting. So it is best to have a proper understanding of the complete fee structure before you hire them, to avoid any confusion and hidden costs.
- Credentials – With hundreds of mobile notaries advertising themselves as the best, finding a reliable traveling notary in Riverside CA can be tricky. Many sites provide free lists to notary services that do not specify if the company still provides services or provide overall ratings. Following are a few things you can check – the years of experience the notary has, certifications of the signing agents, the type of services they provide etc.
- Services provided – Not all mobile notaries are properly equipped to handle all your notarizing needs. Make sure you verify if they provide the services that you are looking for. There are some notaries that even offer other allied services like apostille, fingerprinting, etc.
Notarizing legal documents is serious business. Researching a little to better understand the points mentioned above will help you choose a professional mobile notary that is best suited to your needs.